IPL Hair Removal

Writing a quick post on my experience with at home IPL Hair Removal Device over the last 12 weeks. Back in Summer of 2020, purchased the Braun Silk Expert Pro 5 IPL device. When I read through all the instructions, the big warning by manufacturer is to limit sun exposure to skin before and after session. I waited to use the IPL device until November and last Saturday was my 12th week using the device. Wanted to share my experience over the 12 weeks and will breakdown into quarters.

1 Session per Week for 12 Weeks

Prior to session, I would completely shave my body in the shower.

Parts of Body I used the IPL on: 1) Chest, back, arms and stomach (Upper Body); and 2) Butt, and Legs (Lower Body)

Session Time: 2 1/2 Hours

Skin Tone: Pale

Hair Color: Medium Brown

Safety 1st: Buy IPL Safety Glasses to Protect Eyes

Week 1-3: Over the 1st three weeks of using the IPL device I felt the most pain when zapping my skin with the laser and exposed hair would burn off when use apply the IPL. Week by week the pain would reduce I experienced. What I hated most about shaving was all the razor bumps and redness I would have after shaving or redness and irritation the next day. Was not sexy to have all those bumps and redness on my bare legs. IPL treatments changed that and got rid of the redness and irritation I experienced after shaving with a razor. Week by week I would notice my razor bumps and irritation reduce and my skin start to clear up a little. After the 3rd week, my legs were still smooth the next day. I really noticed the difference in the reduce armpit hair.

Week 4-6: I continued to notice reduced hair and redness/irritation after shaving. I noticed my leg hair was smooth for about 2 days after shaving. After a week of not shaving the body, was still a lot of hair growing back.

Week 7-9: I noticed the biggest change in the decrease in body hair after not shaving for a week. My advice is to not get discouraged after seeing minimal body hair reduction in 1st six weeks, the results happen in weeks 7-12. It eliminated redness and irritation after shaving my legs and I felt so confident with bare legs for the 1st time. I could go 3-4 days with smooth body/legs after shaving.

Week 10-12: Continued to notice reduced body hair each week and by week 12 my legs were still almost still smooth after a week of not shaving. Shaving my body and legs is so quick now and the blade goes over the body so smooth. Did the IPL get rid of my body hair 100% and will never regrown again...short answer “No” but reduces body hair a lot and makes shaving a breeze once a week. I was impressed with the results. Please note that everyone is different and results will vary. Just wanted to share my story with IPL hair removal.

Youtube Reviews:

https://youtu.be/hQxk1vqW4wI

https://youtu.be/OGCEt2NttGU


My Results: